District 30 has a large immigrant population of Hispanics who will not be able to vote in this upcoming special election. Undocumented people and other immigrants must face discrimination and disenfranchisement (the loss of the right to vote) on top of the constant threat from racist institutions like ICE. California has a unique opportunity to smash this country's racist treatment of immigrants and finally give undocumented people all that they deserve.
- California must guarantee voting rights for the undocumented in all state and local elections.
- Evict ICE from California!
Ensure that California is a proper sanctuary state
- Fully enforce SB 54 (California Values Act) and weaken collaboration between law enforcement agencies and ICE
- Close the Concentration Camps - on the border and beyond
- Investigate and hold trials for all administrators, employees and contractors of ICE who committed or authorized atrocities against detainees, including forced sterilizations and refusal of medical care.
Make state public benefits simple and accessible for all those who need support. Expand and promote programs including:
- SNAP (food stamps)
- Unemployment insurance
- Social security (disability and retirement)
- Federal student aid for college and university
- Health insurance
- Provide a fast track toward citizenship
- Extend DACA beyond two years
- Eliminate the pathway to citizenship fees
- Guarantee undocumented workers backpay and the ability to return to work if they are fired for union work
Do you like this page?